Urban Homeworks | Minneapolis Lake, MNSalary Range: $55k - $60kJob Overview:
Urban Homeworks is seeking an upbeat, dynamic, highly organized, detail oriented, eloquent and persuasive individual for grant writing and project management at an exceptionally busy, growing community development organization.Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the Development Department in the research, preparation and submission of all proposals and grant applications.
- Maintain an organized system for tracking ongoing and upcoming grant projects and prospects.
- Collaborate with program staff to develop project budgets and identify specific objectives and workplans for potential grant-funded projects.
- Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and in submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded programs/projects.
- Conduct prospect research for all grants and preparing written profiles of funders.
- Manage grants budget, calendar, and strategy in partnership with Development Director.
- Write clear, persuasive, concise grant proposals and meet deadlines for a robust grant schedule.
- Assemble grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations
- Establish and maintain current information, contact and relationships with foundation representatives and program officers
- Maintain grant calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports (other reporting and management documents as required)
- Work with Development Director to conduct prospect research – and prepare prospect reports
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Work with programs and Development Department to provide current program data, statistics and local statistics for grant content
- Research data for populations served including needs, trends and other resources in the area
- Maintain and provide timely reporting data for all grants (progress reports, year-end, financial reporting, data collection from programs and special reports as required)
- Proofread funding documents
- Work with Development Director and team to conduct all the duties for grants submissions and maintenance
Salary and Benefits:
- Committed resolve for the Urban Homeworks mission and values for the communities in which Urban Homeworks is implementing its community development strategies
- Ability to articulate and support the mission of Urban Homeworks and its programs
- BA/BS in Non-profit, Communication, related field OR 3-5 years of relevant grant writing experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge, and Excel
- Ability to meet multiple, concurrent deadlines under pressure
- Ability to accept and mange fluctuating priorities with a positive and energetic attitude
- Willing to work some flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings
- Ability to effectively present Urban Homeworks’ program information and respond to questions from funders and potential donors
- Enjoy working in a service-oriented, collaborative team environment
Competitive Salary: Range of $55,000 to $60,000 in alignment with qualifications
Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay
Health Benefit Options, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance and AD&D InsuranceAbout Urban Homeworks:
Mission: Perpetuate the hope of Jesus Christ through innovative community development.Vision:
Neighbors raising their collective voice to address injustice and overcome the barriers that perpetuate inequity.
Urban Homeworks is a 25-year-old, faith-based organization. Guided by our mission and larger vision, we conduct the work of bringing dignity to affordable housing, and rebuilding community with the following:Core Values:
G.R.I.T (guts, resilience, initiative, and tenacity)
Show Up Positive
Our work, and the mindset by which we do it, is modeled after the example of brazen, unapologetic, social justice left by Jesus. We seek to perpetuate the hope of Jesus in solidarity with self-determined and self-defined people and communities, leveraging housing equity as our platform for change. We invite people of all genders, orientations, abilities, cultural and class identities, spiritual and religious beliefs to join us in this fight. Black, Indigenous, and other people of color are highly encouraged to get involved.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per yearCOVID-19 considerations:
Working predominately remote for the foreseeable future.
Please apply at: https://www.indeedjobs.com/urban-homeworks-inc/_hl/en?cpref=JXWAtnzf3XWjLOi4YeVNLqyMzQ_zPWPByMUzQG6yZSg