PCYC | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $70,000 - $90,000ORGANIZATION SUMMARY:
PCYC’s mission is to enrich the skills, prospects, and spirit of North Minneapolis area youth and adults, in partnership with families and communities. We focus on inner-city Minneapolis young people who face significant barriers in life as they strive toward full growth and active citizenship.JOB SUMMARY:
The Director of Development provides overall strategic and operational direction for fund development and facilitates the efforts of staff/contractors and volunteers in raising resources (grants, contracts, in-kind donations, and individual and organizational donations). The Director is also responsible for the development and successful implementation of a comprehensive Development Plan, working to ensure adequate contributed resources are available for programs and services. This position reports to the Executive Director, works closely with the Director of Administration and program leadership, and is a member of the organization’s Leadership Team. WAGE RANGE:
$70,000 - $90,000 per yearJOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage internal and external relationships and communication related to fundraising
- Represent PCYC to external audiences, potential funders, and groups as needed
- Direct all communications related to fundraising
- Develop, identify, steward and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Plan and execute all annual campaigns including direct mail, email campaigns, and individual solicitations
- Manage the implementation of Raiser's Edge and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Ensure that records of donor information are maintained for ongoing communication
- Attend board meetings, prepare and present a Development Report at each
- Serve as co-leader of the Development Committee on the Board
- Facilitate board and staff involvement in fundraising efforts
- Ensure that the website donation pages are up-to-date
Manage PCYC’s Development Plan
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual development plan including all grant funding, annual campaigns, any fundraising events, and individual giving
- Research, prepare, and make reports related to grants requests to foundations, corporations, and public sources
- Coordinate agency fundraising efforts, assuring timely submission of funding requests, reports and development of individual donors, annual campaigns, major gifts, capital campaign funders and any special events
- Ensure that grants through public funding, corporations and foundations are researched and funding requests are properly submitted
- Ensure that all legal compliance and reporting requirements are satisfied
- Analyze contributions and prepare reports related to fund raising goals for purposes of targeting future donor appeals
Provide Strategic Leadership
- Perform duties as a member of the Leadership Team
- Participate with various community and agency collaborations to facilitate positive change in the neighborhood, North Minneapolis community, and for children and youth in the city and state
- Stay current with changes in the philanthropic sector
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Five years of experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization highly preferred.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential highly preferred, or willing to obtain within 1 year of employment.
- A valid MN Drivers’ License and the ability to meet PCYC’s driving record requirements; and/or access to reliable transportation required to occasionally travel offsite for meetings or errands.
Plymouth Christian Youth Center (PCYC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. PCYC prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment on the basis of age, race/color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or veteran’s status. AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M / F H DV. We value the contributions of a diverse workforce, and we welcome and encourage applications from all underrepresented groups.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials. You may also be contacted by an MACC employee to conduct or schedule an interview.