Saint Mary's University of Minnesota | Minneapolis, Rochester, Winona or Chicago Salary Range: $70,000 - $95,000
Director of Development or Senior Director of Development
Date Posted 04/16/2021
Location Minneapolis, Rochester, Winona or ChicagoPosition Responsibilities
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is seeking a Director of Development or Senior Director of Development to be a results-driven major gifts fundraiser to secure philanthropic investment to support the University. This position will manage a portfolio of qualified major gift prospects by building relationships leading to timely cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
The Director of Development will be responsible for meeting explicit performance objectives regarding donors qualified for gifts of $50,000 and above. The Senior Director of Development will be responsible for donors qualified for gifts of $100,000 and above.
- Complete 200 personal face-to-face visits per year, of meaningful, strategic, personal
- interactions with assigned prospects.
- Manage a major gift portfolio of prospects including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major outright and planned gifts and travel as needed in fulfillment of these duties.
- Coordinate cultivation activities and solicitations with other University representatives, as appropriate, including the president, senior staff, advancement professionals, key faculty, and volunteers.
- Maintain strategic cultivation plans for a focus group of assigned prospects who are scheduled for solicitation within the coming 12-18-month period. Plans will project gift amount, area of benefactor passion to support, as well as a step by step plan for cultivation with a cultivation schedule.
- Provide timely, written reports regarding the outcome of cultivation and solicitation actions in the form of contact reports, stage updates, and strategy statement updates and revisions within Raisers Edge NXT.
Additional Required Materials Cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
We encourage members of the protected classes as defined by the federal, state, and municipal law and those persons attracted to a university with a Lasallian Catholic identity to apply.
To Apply: https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/job-details/director-of-development-or-senior-director-of-development