Pathways- A Healing Center | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $65,000 - $70,000
The Development & Grants Manager works to develop and drive implementation of comprehensive strategic multi-year development plan. Work with executive director and board to identify development goals, measurement tools, and tactics to support Pathway’s strategic plan. Develop work plan and manage day-to-day development efforts, including:
Grants (35%) — Seek grant funding from new and existing grant sources to meet or exceed grant goals.
Research foundations; develop timeline and proposals/letters of inquiry; responsible for research, completion and tracking of grant applications and reports.
Individual Donors (30%)
- Work with board to identify and cultivate new donors and increase donations from existing donors through events, solicitations, and development of major gifts and donor-advised funds programs.
- Analyze, maintain, and improve donor cultivation capacity at Pathways, including data tracking.
- Coordinate donor cultivation activities such as fundraising meetings, gala fundraisers, etc
Events (10%) — With the assistance of external event planner, oversee the development and implementation of an annual plan for fundraising events. Oversee the management of personnel who would lead the planning and execution of special events including event budgeting, developing marketing and presentation materials, and planning program components.
Donors Communications Plan (15%) — Develop and drive implementation of comprehensive strategic donor communications plan. Work with executive director to identify communications goals and tactics to support Pathways strategic plan; develop work plan and manage day-to-day communications efforts, including creation and management of donor contact and solicitation materials (e.g., social media, direct outreach, letters, etc)
Business Sponsorships (5%) — Research, network with, and develop relationships with new and existing sponsors. Coordinate efforts of development committees to meet or exceed goals for speaker and fundraising event sponsorships.
Financials (<5%) — Ensure all development-related financials are in the database. Prepare reports for the monthly board of directors meetings to keep board apprised of progress.Experience:Required Qualifications:
- Experience with and knowledge of fundraising and communications best practices; 5-7 years of experience in nonprofit fund development..
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including experience with grant writing, social media, presentations, and other formal and informal professional communications. Comfortable with hands on and/or direction of social media, marketing/messaging development
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations and multiple cultures.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships and coordinating the work of others to meet organizational goals.
- A self-starter, requires initiative-taking and the ability to work independently to drive results as much as work collaboratively with others internally, taking strong ownership and drive over the process
- Experience with donor cultivation and board/committee engagement in fundraising.
- Fundraising Event planning, marketing and implementation
Pathways does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status.How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tim@pathwaysmpls.org
. Address cover letters to the attention of Tim Thorpe, Executive Director. Position is open until filled, with applications reviewed as they are received.