Scholarship America | Bloomington, MNSalary Range: $60,000-$70,000
The Major Gift Officer works within an energized donor base to help deepen their understanding of Scholarship America, advocate for their interests and cultivate their greatest philanthropic support in alignment with Scholarship America’s strategic goals. This position is responsible for growing revenue to meet or exceed individual and overall goals as part of a high performance fundraising team. You will have the opportunity to be innovative and enhance a major gifts program, focus on growing major gifts from current and prospective donors while utilizing an effective moves management process. Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective major donors with gifts of $10,000 or more.
- Lead the development of integrated strategies that maximize the potential for contributed revenue, partnering with colleagues across the organization to build the most compelling case for support.
- Promote existing funding opportunities and initiate the development of new opportunities to attract support for Scholarship America’s mission and programs.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of 150 lead donors and prospects, involving leadership staff, Board and volunteers as appropriate.
- Contribute to relationship management for other donors and prospects as needed for leadership staff, Board and volunteers to support the major gifts process.
- Represent the interests of donors to ensure their perspective is known and understood within the organization.
- Be a champion for the mission, goals and programs from across Scholarship America both internally and externally.
- Support annual fundraising dinner by helping to secure sponsors, promote attendance, and cultivate/manage event-related relationships.
- Help shape a robust donor stewardship plan and contribute to successful implementation as appropriate to major gifts focus.
- Ensure that donor records are managed responsibly, protecting donor privacy and tracking updates in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience in identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts prospects and donors.
- Significant experience with a range of giving vehicles including annual giving, designated gifts, major, capital and planned gifts, sponsorship and marketing partnerships.
- Communicates effectively and persuasively both verbally and in writing, with the ability to lead and inspire others while maintaining collaborative process.
- Strong analytical skills: able to interpret and compare data to form meaningful insights.
- Results-oriented, motivated to meet or exceed individual and shared goals by carefully monitoring progress and demonstrating accountability.
- Demonstrates superior interpersonal skills with understanding, empathy & diversity emphasis.
- Embraces change; willing to try new things while taking risks and challenging the status quo.
- Occasional opportunities for travel based on availability.
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in professional fund raising.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials.
- Higher Education industry knowledge.
Our team members are motivated by our vision to create an America where every student’s educational dreams can come true. Our office in Bloomington, MN provides employees with a team based, flexible work schedule, which is an employee top rated benefit within our organization due to our commitment to supporting a healthy work/life balance. Our traditional hours from which employees flex around are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Scholarship America also has a strong learning and development culture that supports professional growth for all employees across foundational and job-specific skills. Scholarship America, a Star Tribune Top Workplace, is looking for individuals to join our team with a commitment to helping students achieve their dreams of higher education.
Scholarship America helps students fulfill their college dreams. Since it was founded in 1958, Scholarship America has distributed $4.5 billion to more than 2.8 million students, making it the nation’s largest private scholarship provider. The organization runs its own national and community-based scholarship programs, and works with partners wishing to establish scholarship and support programs to lower barriers to a college education and give students the support needed to succeed.
Submit resume and application online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4803858b-974e-40a2-8884-98e0a7f94c36&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=411966&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Named a 2021 Star Tribune Top Workplace, Scholarship America has offices in St. Peter & Bloomington, MN plus Washington, D.C. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, currently most of our positions are working remotely with virtual training and onboarding provided to new staff. Scholarship America offers employees a robust total rewards package focused on supporting the health and well-being of employees now and in the future. We offer comprehensive choices in areas such as insurance (medical, dental, vision, basic life), disability (short-term & long-term), flexible spending accounts (medical & dependent care), and a 403(b) retirement fund with a 3% company match. Due to our commitment to excellence to support work/life balance, we offer flexible work schedules which vary dependent upon position, paid time away from work (vacation, sick, personal, fifteen designated & floating holidays annually), plus employee & dependent educational reimbursement programs which support our overall mission. We also provide a robust learning and development program for our employees to maintain knowledge of our industry and its practices as well as professional development.
Details on our company values and mission can be found at www.scholarshipamerica.org