The Reading Center/Dyslexia Institute of MN | Rochester, MNSalary Range: $50,000-$65,000
The Director of Development plans and carries out fundraising and outreach to support the programs and mission of The Reading Center.
We provide a flexible work environment with an option for hybrid in person and remote office availability. A minimum of 2 days a week are required to work from Rochester (only 1+ hours commute from Twin Cities), based out of the office.
Accepting applications until July 31 or until position is filled. Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of three years successful development experience, showing successively increasing responsibility and leadership experience.
- Organizational ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in MS Office software and understanding of databases.
- Become knowledgeable about The Reading Center, dyslexia, the Orton Gillingham approach and the science of reading.
- Demonstrate ability to work with volunteers effectively.
Individual Giving and Annual Fund
- Create and execute annual fundraising plan to meet financial goals
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Supervise Development Assistant
- Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator
- Participate as an organizational leader to carry out strategic plan
- Develop, execute and monitor goals and metrics for development activities
Foundation and Corporate Giving
- Grow base of individual donors
- Plan and carry out annual campaign and end of year campaign
- Expand stewardship, cultivation and engagement of major donors
- Maintain portfolio of mid-level donors
- Support Exec. Director in management of major gifts portfolio
- Cultivate donor relationships and solicit gifts
- Ensure timely and meaningful gift acknowledgements
- Cultivate and grow base of corporate and foundation donors
- Draw from strategic plan and programming staff to write meaningful grant requests
- Fulfill grant reports in a timely manner
- Lead planning and execution of events with volunteer committee
- Gain sponsors for events
- Analyze and report on event outcomes
- Coordinate awareness events
- Coordinate parent support and events
- Encourage and promote planned gifts
- Lead and coordinate capital campaigns
Skills and Abilities
- Working collaboratively with Marketing Coordinator, oversee communications efforts and ensure alignment with strategic plan and mission
- Mission driven, focused, creative problem-solver
- Lead strategically
- Build strong relationships