The Sanneh Foundation | Saint Paul, MNSalary Range: $50,000-$60,000
The Sanneh Foundation (Sanneh) is a Saint Paul, Minnesota-based 501(c)(3) created to serve the holistic youth development needs of the increasingly diverse Twin Cities metro. Sanneh is a youth-oriented organization with a dual-track model focusing on participants (clients) and providers (organizational staff) to support both entities and to launch their careers.
Sanneh empowers youth by supporting and promoting educational attainment through in-school and after-school support, improves lives by providing programs that strengthen physical health and social and emotional development, and unites communities by advancing diversity, equity, and community well-being. Mission:
The mission of The Sanneh Foundation is to Empower youth, Improve lives, and Unite communities.Vision:
Sanneh’s nationally recognized youth advancement programs focus on education, health/wellness, and community, which are mainstream in the Twin Cities Parks/Recreation and school systems. Values:
- Building Community
- Caring & Compassion
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Inspiring Excellence
- Innovation & Leadership
- Character Building
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving, the Grants Officer is responsible for supporting Sanneh’s institutional fundraising initiatives and advancement operation efforts. The Grants Officer is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and prospective institutional donors to meet or exceed department fundraising goals. This position will engage with internal and external stakeholders to communicate Sanneh’s story and impact in the community. The Grants Officer will be a key cross-functional partner in executing institutional giving and fundraising strategies to engage donors and external stakeholders in support of Sanneh’s mission. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIESInstitutional Giving
Administration and Operations
- Develops, nurtures, and stewards internal and external stakeholder relationships to secure philanthropic support for general operations, capital campaigns, and programs.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of the organization’s history, programs, and service delivery.
- Identifies and prospects for ongoing or new private, public, and corporate grant funding opportunities.
- Leads the project management for foundation and corporate funding through donor lifecycles.
- Writes, submits, and manages grant proposals and reports to funders and partners.
- Maintains accurate records, including proposals, reports, and other supportive documents in hard copy and electronic formats.
- Ensures Sanneh is accurately described on 3rd-party sites (i.e., Charities Review Council and Guidestar)
- Maintain the grants application and reporting calendar.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Assists with maintaining information in Bloomerang (CRM) and supports data health, integrity, and accurate reporting.
- Helps compile data from Apricot360 (program CRM) to support grant, funder, and supporter impact reporting and storytelling.
- Provide administrative support as needed for organizational initiatives.
- Support annual Advancement initiatives as required and/or requested.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or English and a minimum of 3 years of relevant fundraising experience.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (i.e., grant writing and presentations)
- Results-driven, solution-focused, and creative.
- Strong organizational, accuracy, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Must be a problem solver who is also willing to take responsibility for facility tasks.
- Emotional maturity and adaptability to workload demand and requests are required.
- Ability to utilize complete discretion while handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early morning to the late evening, holidays, weekends, etc.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, Google, and knowledge of Bloomerang or other CRM databases.
- Experience with program evaluation/measurements and outcomes is highly desirable but not a requirement.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to Ms. Jade Adams at email@example.com
. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
When writing your cover letter please consider the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at The Sanneh Foundation?
- How can you advance the Diversity/Equity/Inclusion and Social agenda at Sanneh?
- What opportunities have you had working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings?