Park Square and SteppingStone Theatres | Saint Paul, MNSalary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: Park Square Theatre excites generations of artists and audiences through vibrant theatre that elevates our community’s multiplicity of voices, and is a premiere gathering place for culture, thought, and dialogue. SteppingStone Theatre for Youth ignites belonging, generosity, mastery, self-advocacy, and inspiration by creating art with young people to share with the world.
In 2020 the two theatres entered into a Memorandum of Understanding which will lead to a new, merged organization serving an audience of 100,000 and engaging audiences and participants from across generations. This position contributes to their new shared mission as a “Theatre for Life,” supporting excellent artistry, creative learning, and opportunities to develop as a human being and an artist, whether as a professional artist, learner, or audience member.
DESCRIPTION: This position supports the core development functions of both theatres by managing all activities related to annual giving, monthly giving, mid-level donor relations, charitable revenue documentation/gift acknowledgment, and grant administration (in partnership with a grant writer). This work includes collaborating with multiple departments and stakeholders to deeply understand and share the theatres’ goals and impact.
This is the ideal position for you if: you are a gifted storyteller and matchmaker with the ability to convey – verbally and in writing – how donor support creates meaningful impact on the programming and mission components that are most important to them. You also have strong attention to detail and timely, accurate documentation and acknowledgment of every donor gift. The most competitive candidates for the position are self-motivated, collaborative, strategic, and creative individuals who are passionate about our mission, driven by equity, and skilled in written and verbal communication.
Reports to and close associates: Reports to Development Director. Interacts regularly with all staff areas throughout the organization.
- Plan and execute Annual Giving program.
- Plan and execute Monthly Giving program.
- Develop and maintain Mid-Level Donor Relations.
- Manage Grant Administration and Reporting (in partnership with Grant Writer)
- Document, acknowledge and report on charitable gifts (with administrative support)
- Plan and manage Special Events (Annual Gala and Donor Relations Events (in partnership with Development Director and Resource Development Committee)
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined below, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- 2-5 years of fundraising experience and/or relevant training and experience
- Demonstrated skill in timely, accurate documentation and gift acknowledgment
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
- Passion for arts and culture, theatre, youth development and other mission focus areas
- Personal or professional experience working with diverse communities
Status: Full Time. Requires occasional evening and weekend availability to attend programming and donor events. Eligible for remote work 2+ days per week, if desired.
Compensation: Salary range for the position is $45,000-$55,000, depending on qualifications. The organization offers competitive benefit packages and a flexible work environment.
Park Square Theatre/Steppingstone Theatre for Youth encourages applications from qualified candidates from visible and invisible minority groups, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to hiring on merit and to removing barriers in employment policies.
How to apply: Submit cover letter and resumé to Amy Dauplaise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: Open till Filled
Interviews: beginning mid-September 2021
Anticipated start: October, 2021