Saint Mary's University of Minnesota | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $70,000 - $95,000
Director of Development or Senior Director of Development https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/job-details/director-of-development-or-senior-director-of-development-1
Location Winona or Twin Cities CampusPosition Responsibilities
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is seeking a Director of Development or Senior Director of Development to be a results-driven major gifts fundraiser to secure philanthropic investment to support the University. This position will manage a portfolio of qualified major gift prospects by building relationships leading to timely cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. The selected candidate can be based out of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis), Rochester, Winona, or the Chicago area.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- The Director of Development will be responsible for meeting explicit performance objectives regarding donors qualified for gifts of $50,000 and above. The Senior Director of Development will be responsible for donors qualified for gifts of $100,000 and above.
- Complete 200 personal face-to-face visits per year, of meaningful, strategic, personal interactions with assigned prospects.
- Manage a major gift portfolio of prospects including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major outright and planned gifts and travel as needed in fulfillment of these duties.
- Coordinate cultivation activities and solicitations with other University representatives, as appropriate, including the president, senior staff, advancement professionals, key faculty, and volunteers.
- Maintain strategic cultivation plans for a focus group of assigned prospects who are scheduled for solicitation within the coming 12-18-month period. Plans will project gift amount, area of benefactor passion to support, as well as a step by step plan for cultivation with a cultivation schedule.
- Provide timely, written reports regarding the outcome of cultivation and solicitation actions in the form of contact reports, stage updates, and strategy statement updates and revisions within Raisers Edge NXT.
The selected candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while giving appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with varied constituencies in a collegial and professional manner.
- Proven ability to work independently and as well as with staff and volunteers.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function to ensure teamwork and face-to-face interaction with faculty, staff, students, and alumni and friends of the University.
- Demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
- Travel required, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Ability to take advice and guidance in a positive and productive manner.
The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience deemed equivalent and relevant will also be considered.
- Facility and proficiency with computer and development software (Raisers Edge NXT) preferred.
- A career history of commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards including confidentiality.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.