NPH USA | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $60,000-$70,000
Summary of Opportunity:
The Donor Relations Officer builds and expands relationships with new and existing donors to support the work of NPH International. Within our donor-centered culture, you will manage a portfolio of 80-120 donors and prospects, meeting personally with donors whenever possible.
Your portfolio will include individuals, foundations, businesses, and other organizations. You will support the fundraising activity of Board members in your Area, identify potential new donors, support Area fundraising events, and both coordinate and accompany donors on visits to our NPH homes.
Due to organizational growth, we have opportunities available in a number of locations – Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; and California (Remote)Your Impact & Contributions:
Under the guidance and direction of Area VP of Donor Relations, this position will develop and enhance new and existing donor relationships in the following ways:
- Increase the annual giving of donor portfolio consistent with assigned goals.
- Manage a portfolio advancing relationships with 80-120 donors and prospective supporters in order to meet and exceed fundraising goal.
- Cultivate relationships and solicit new and renewed gifts from investors capable of making annual/major/planned gifts $5,000+ utilizing the moves-management process.
- Travel throughout assigned region to make prospect and donor exploratory, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits.
- Assure that all interactions with donors and prospects are recorded within the donor database.
- Research prospective donors and develop donor strategies to engage and acquire new donors.
- Move potential donors in a timely fashion towards solicitation and closure.
- Develop meaningful opportunities for stewarding donors.
- Work with volunteers to assist in engaging and cultivating donors as appropriate.
- Attend NPH events, and travel to NPH homes as required and/or as requested.
How to Apply:
- Five or more years of successful nonprofit fundraising experience in annual/major/planned gift solicitation and portfolio management
- A proven record securing major gifts
- A detail-oriented team collaborator who can translate strategy into results
- Superb relationship management, interpersonal, digital, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to inspire, positively influence and engage volunteers and donors
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to maintain timely and complete record of activities, results and planned follow up
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information professionally
- High energy and passion for NPH USA’s mission
- Knowledge and experience of Salesforce donor database and MS office is preferred
- Must be willing to travel locally and internationally as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. Include specific salary requirements. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.