Hamm Clinic | Saint Paul, MNSalary Range: $50,300 - $62,900
Hamm Clinic is seeking a full-time Development and Communications Manager. This position may be conducted hybrid (some in office time, some remote time), though it is currently fully-remote.
The development professional will oversee Development and Communications in a mission-driven non-profit organization that provides clinical care for adult clients throughout the lifespan. Hamm Clinic is a Rule 29 community mental health center that offers individual, couples, group, and family therapy modalities. Hamm’s mission is to promote mental health with culturally responsive, relational care for adults, especially for those facing financial barriers. As a leader in Minnesota for effective mental health care, Hamm conducts high quality research on treatment outcomes, as well as organizes much sought-after clinical training and education for residents, interns, fellows, and mental health providers at large. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The primary goal of the Development & Communications Manager is to help achieve our fundraising and communications/marketing goals while building out our new Development department. This position will create the strategy and lead the implementation of all fundraising and communications/marketing activities, working with consultants on grant-writing and graphic design. This position is ideal for someone interested in growing with the growth of the organization, with flexibility in the development of the position. This position will also participate on the Leadership Team, the Board Development Committee, and in board meetings where appropriate.
Diversity and Equity Vision Statement: Hamm Clinic places the highest value on the dignity and worth of all people. We are committed to providing accessible, equitable, culturally responsive, and trauma-informed care to all who seek Hamm services.Primary Responsibilities specific to the position:
- Individual Donor Fundraising
- Work with the Executive Director to steward major donors including tracking engagement and small events
- Lead the creation and implementation of a planned giving campaign
- Write, produce, and mail electronic and mailed appeal letter campaigns
- Ensure that all gifts are entered and thank you letters are delivered in a timely and professional manner
- Act as the administer for our fundraising database, Salesforce, including data maintenance and cleanup
- Lead the creation and implementation of our annual communication/marketing calendar
- Manage our social media accounts including producing content, updating information and graphics while ensuring it is relevant, informative, and engaging to our community
- Elevate the Hamm Clinic brand in the community through the Hamm Clinic website and donor newsletter
- Develop and maintain media/news outlet contacts for promoting Hamm Clinic initiatives and events
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to create and disseminate our annual report
- Events, Grants, and Management
- Participate in the Board of Director’s Development Committee
- Participate in Leadership Team Meetings as needed to help plan and execute organization-wide strategy
- Present Development & Communications updates at board meetings where appropriate
- Work with Executive Director to manage and steward relationships with various endowments and donor advised funds
- Develop plan for integrating and engaging staff in Development & Communications Department
- Support program staff and Executive Director in putting on our semi-annual conferences and other fundraising events
- Support our contract grant writer in our applications and reports to foundations, local, county, and state grants
- Coordinating volunteers for front desk, events, and other administrative duties as needed
- Demonstrated ability to propose, plan, initiate, and implement development activities, with proven fundraising results
- Postsecondary education or commensurate years’ experience related to Communications, Fundraising, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, or Social Work.
- Two to three years of experience in fundraising and/or communications
- Intersectional lens, cultural humility, and awareness of own areas of privilege
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong oral, written, and listening communication abilities.
- Appreciate and participate in a positive, passionate work culture
- A commitment to the principles of Community-Centric Fundraising (https://communitycentricfundraising.org/ccf-principles/)
$50,300 - $62,900 DOQBenefits
Hamm Clinic offers competitive compensation and full benefits including PTO, health and dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, continuing education stipend, and a 401k.Core Requirement
Hamm Clinic is committed to an integrated model of mental health care with a focus on psychotherapy within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative community. Our goal is to do this work in a trauma-informed, anti-oppressive environment in which all identities are welcome and valued and in which employees strive to maintain an intersectional lens in considering their own privilege and how that might impact their work. It is expected that all are dedicated to learning and supporting this model, as appropriate for their specific duties. Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org