Community Emergency Service | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $75,000 - $90,000
Be a part of an organization that is making a difference in lives of those in need in the inner city. We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Marketing and Development to provide strategic and day- to-day leadership to our fundraising efforts.Job Overview
The Director of Marketing and Development oversees our donor relations program and manages our fundraising initiatives. They will be responsible for developing our non-profit's fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts, as well as annual giving campaigns.
The Director of Marketing and Development will lead major gift initiatives from individual donors through identifying, organizing, and leading a portfolio of major gift fundraising, marketing, and communications activities. Additionally, the Director of Development plays a leadership role in relationship development efforts and works effectively and collaboratively on a Marketing and Development team with the Board and Executive Director.
The Director of Development will serve as an integral member of the leadership team of Community Emergency Service. Must be analytical, detail oriented, have strong communication and organizational skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment.Job Responsibilities - Duties include, but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Committed to the mission, vision, values and communities in that CES serves
- Oversee the Development Team
- Organize individual donor campaigns
- Manage Development pipeline to ensure the viability and sustainability of all funding
- Generate an annual engagement calendar of activities
- Work with Executive Director to determine goals each year and Development Budget
- Manage workload of Development Team members
- Oversee the Development Team
About Community Emergency ServiceHistory:
- Demonstrated success in the field of major gifts cultivation and procurement
- Competency and experience with fundraising
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent), plus at least five+ years of relevant Development experience
- Excellent computer software skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Sales Force, or other donor management database software
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships and tailor messages in a compelling way to a broad range of people with varying backgrounds
- Strong drive and ability to meet deadlines and complete work in a timely and accurate manner
- Self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Creative problem-solving skills, excellent organization and planning skills, sound judgment and the ability to make decision
Community Emergency Service (CES) is a non-profit crisis relief and empowerment community outreach that extends God's love to those in the inner city of South and North Minneapolis.
Inspired by the philanthropy of Russel Lund, Sr. (of Lund's Foods) and the vision of Pastor William Berg, CES was organized in 1971 as an outreach of Augustana Lutheran Church of Minneapolis. It began with the purpose of offering a one-stop, personal approach for crisis aid for the inner city's most marginalized residents.
CES staff and its thousands of volunteers are on the frontlines of providing hope and compassion to our multi-generational, multi-cultural, low-income neighbors.
Mission: Rooted in God's loving grace, Community Emergency Service transforms lives by serving neighbors, sharing resources and becoming community – “a place where people come hungry and leave hopeful.”
Vision: CES meets hunger where it is a critical need. We fosters community among its neighbors, because a strong community is the best hope for sustainable relief from hunger and poverty. CES partners with other community-based services that aid people in the community in building a foundation for stability and independence.
Core Values: We operate in a neighborhood that is culturally, ethnically and religiously diverse. We strive to serve all our neighbors in need, as Christ would have us do, without distinction or test. We invite support from volunteers and donors and are open to collaboration with other agencies, regardless of religious affiliation.
- We are a community.
- We respect the dignity of each of person.
- We are servants.
- We are stewards.
- We are good neighbors.
We serve people where they are in their hour of need. If being part of a very “gritty” and grassroots organization, serving God by serving those in need, please respond by submitting your cover letter and resume to:
Community Emergency Service, Inc.
1900 11th Ave. S. | Minneapolis, MN |email@example.com