Twin Cities R!SE | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $100,000 - $104,000
Twin Cities R!SE (TCR) Director of Development OpeningOur Mission
To transform the lives of those impacted by racial or socio-economic barriers through Personal Empowerment, career training, and meaningful employment. Our Vision
A community where all individuals, especially people of color, have attained financial independence through employment success.The Opportunity
The Director of Development designs and implements a comprehensive fundraising program.
They are responsible for providing leadership to all aspects of TCR’s fundraising efforts, which includes corporate, foundation, government, and individual giving. The Development Director oversees the expansion and diversification of TCR’s donor base. Through collaboration with key stakeholders, they secure funding to support the organization’s growth strategy. PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee the implementation of long and short-term plans to build sustainable contributed revenue funding from individual donors and institutions.
- Identify new funding opportunities, develop strategies to achieve them, and attain results.
- Oversee and develop a culture of philanthropy by engaging staff and the Board in donor-focused activities.
- Work with Development staff as well as Marketing and others to define value propositions for different donors and craft key messages that show our value to the community to identify and pursue funding opportunities and engage prospective donors.
- Manage the annual planning process for the development team and oversee its implementation during the year, including responsibility for the budget.
- Serve as the lead staff person for the Board Development Committee and as the primary contact and driver for Board members on development-related items. Make Board presentations as needed.
- Support the CEO and other leadership staff in their development tasks.
- Hire, supervise, and train direct staff through providing work direction, constructive performance coaching, mentorship, performance meetings, and on-going feedback.
- Foster a creative and productive work environment. Create development opportunities and individualized development plans for staff and training to enhance skills and foster growth.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the development function.
- Foundation & Government Grant Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience and leadership in fundraising, especially in individual donor prospecting, cultivation, and management.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Successful track record leading and developing a team of fundraising professionals.
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and received all approved boosters or qualify for an accommodation from
- the TCR’s vaccination policy; TCR will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
- Ability to recruit, coach, and develop talent, and build and lead a staff team.
- Ability to manage team performance measurable to established goals, outcomes, and best business practices.
- High degree of confidentiality, diplomacy, discretion, tact, and appropriate interpersonal relationship boundaries.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Cultural competence and proven experience working with and building and maintaining relationships with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Passion for TCR’s mission and vision.
- Believe in and understand TCR’s mission and vision as well as empowering others.
- Ability to embrace change.
- Able to work collaboratively and professionally in all interactions with both external and internal partners.
Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to use a PC/laptop, requiring repetitive motion of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Required to occasionally move about in an office environment to access file cabinets, printers, etc., and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Required to move about in the community.
- Ability to lift light materials and equipment in the typical office environment (up to 15 lbs.).
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours to accommodate the needs of the organization. Expected to be available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ability to travel frequently to various sites for regular meetings and events.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
- Must have a valid, current driver’s license and proof of valid insurance.
- TCR offers competitive compensation commensurate with background and experience. The salary range for the Director of Development is $100,000-$104,000. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of all staff.
- TCR offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes three health insurance options, a generous Paid Time Off policy, retirement plans with employer matching, 10 paid holidays and 1 floating holiday, and many more benefits.
TWIN CITIES RISE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.To Apply
Individuals should send a resume and cover letter via email, to: HR@twincitiesrise.org
with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please explain what motivates you to work with Twin Cities R!SE, and how your experience, skills and commitment will advance our work.