|Overview and Responsibilities
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is seeking a Director of Development or Senior Director of Development to be a results-driven major gifts fundraiser to secure philanthropic investment to support the University. This position will manage a portfolio of qualified major gift prospects by building relationships leading to timely cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. The selected candidate can be based out of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis), Rochester, Winona, or the Chicago area.
The Director of Development will be responsible for meeting explicit performance objectives regarding donors qualified for gifts of $50,000 and above. The Senior Director of Development will be responsible for donors qualified for gifts of $100,000 and above.
Complete 200 personal face-to-face visits per year, of meaningful, strategic, personal interactions with assigned prospects.
Manage a major gift portfolio of prospects including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major outright and planned gifts and travel as needed in fulfillment of these duties.
Coordinate cultivation activities and solicitations with other University representatives, as appropriate, including the president, senior staff, advancement professionals, key faculty, and volunteers.
Maintain strategic cultivation plans for a focus group of assigned prospects who are scheduled for solicitation within the coming 12-18-month period. Plans will project gift amount, area of benefactor passion to support, as well as a step by step plan for cultivation with a cultivation schedule.
Provide timely, written reports regarding the outcome of cultivation and solicitation actions in the form of contact reports, stage updates, and strategy statement updates and revisions within Raisers Edge NXT.
Performs other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills and Functions:
- A career history of commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards including confidentiality.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while giving appropriate attention to detail.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships and communications at all levels of the organization.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function to ensure teamwork and face-to-face interaction with faculty, staff, students, and alumni and friends of the University.
- Demonstrates multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
- Travel required, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Ability to take advice and guidance in a positive and productive manner.
- Observes safety guidelines and follows safety procedures established by the university.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively alone and within a team environment.
- The selected candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Facility and proficiency with computer and development software (Raisers Edge NXT) preferred.
- May consider other acceptable equivalent combinations of training and experience.
Apply online at https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities or click here and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary’s offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.