The Minneapolis Jewish Federation seeks a motivated and professional Philanthropy Officer to raise funds and mobilize, advise, and respond to the evolving opportunities in our Jewish community. The Philanthropy Officer is critical to cultivating and securing annual and long-term support for the Minneapolis Jewish community by managing individual, family, and institutional relationships with established and new donors.
This position will secure gifts, identify and cultivate prospective donors, steward current donors, and engage volunteer leaders and fundraisers. We are looking for a team member to join our driven, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and passionate professionals and lay leaders. Success in this role will involve communicating and connecting donors’ philanthropic passions and goals with Federation programs, services, and role in our Jewish community.
- Participate in a comprehensive philanthropy program: annual campaign, affinity groups, community initiatives, impact areas, Israel, global experiences, stewardship, data, planned giving and more
- Increase donor engagement and financial support in the work of Federation and the local and global Jewish community
- Develop a thorough understanding of MJF’s mission, vision, partnerships, funding, programs, and opportunities
- Gain and maintain proficiency with database management software to ensure appropriate and timely data accuracy, recognition, and back-end stewardship of donors and monitor progress
- Collaborate with and participate in Community Impact (planning, allocations and engagement) activities
- Use reporting tools to measure and monitor progress toward individual fundraising goals
- Effectively utilize technological platforms and systems for project management, communication, and organizational efficiencies
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors giving between $1,000 - $10,000+
- Develop and manage approximately 100 active donors and 50 prospective donors
- Engage with current, prospective, and lapsed donors on a regular basis, building meaningful relationships
- Develop and implement engagement, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for each managed donor
- Attend MJF and partner agency events to create, cultivate, and maintain relationships
- Manage annual foundation and supporting organization grant proposals, report timeline, process, and submission
- Write funding requests, proposals, reports and impact statements
- Prepare grant attachments
- Conduct new grant opportunity research
- Coordinate and ensure high level relations, stewardship, and compliance with foundations
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree; graduate degree in business, marketing, Jewish communal studies or related field desirable
EXPERIENCE: 3+ year’s experience in fundraising, sales, business development, communications, volunteer management or related professional experience; Knowledge of Jewish community preferred but not required
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Flexible spending account. Health insurance, Health savings account, Paid time off
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.