|Position: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Job type: Full-time salaried
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000, based on experience
Benefits: Health insurance contribution, generous PTO
Deadline: Priority consideration given to applications submitted by Friday, June 17 - open until filled
Lakeshore Players Theatre (LPT) is a theatrical arts organization that has experienced substantial growth in the last five years, including building and operating out of a 22,000 square foot performing arts center, and is at the precipice of major expansion of our programming for the northeast metro region.
LPT is approaching its 70th anniversary season and is one of the longest-running community theatres still in operation today in Minnesota. It currently operates a six-production mainstage season (including a renowned 10-minute play festival), a children and families series, a community concert series and has an incredibly robust education program.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this individual is responsible for achieving annual contributed revenue goals through a combination of effective renewal/retention initiatives, outstanding stewardship that leads to upgrades, and acquisition of new donors. The Development Director will develop strategies to identify and cultivate potential new donors through targeted direct mail and events, working with a volunteer committee to reinforce and assist in these efforts. This individual will also write grants and oversee the stewardship and expansion of Lakeshore’s institutional constituency base.
Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations:
- Lead the development and implementation of annual fundraising plans to achieve or exceed Lakeshore Players’ contributed revenue goals.
- Implement annual renewal, upgrade, and acquisition strategies—direct mail, digital campaigns, and other fundraising collateral.
- Initiate contact with current donors who have potential to increase their giving, and who can provide introductions to potential new donors.
- Compose proposals for private and corporate foundations as well as government agencies.
- Develop and maintain grants application/reporting schedule and ensure timely submittals of grants and reports.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with colleagues to develop compelling cases for funding.
- In coordination with Marketing and Resource Development Committee, develop marketing materials for programming and event sponsorship opportunities.
- Process all gifts in Patron Manager and prepare timely acknowledgements.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, work with volunteer leadership (Resource Development Committee) to establish meeting schedule and agendas, set overarching Committee goals, and guide strategic initiatives.
- Utilize and maximize potential of Patron Manager to generate monthly revenue reports, giving histories, and year-to-year comparative reports.
- Represent Lakeshore Players at various community events, attend all Resource Development Committee meetings.
- Lead the conception, planning, and fundraising strategy for Lakeshore’s annual Gala, including securing sponsors and ensuring achievement of fundraising goals.
- Direct, manage and support board solicitation process for the gala, ensuring a holistic strategy around donor prospects.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues to plan and execute donor appreciation and opening night events.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Detail-oriented, organized, high achiever with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Visible leadership skills and desire to advance the organization
- Previous development experience
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive and data entry
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously & as part of a team
- Knowledge of customer relationship management software
- Specific knowledge of Salesforce Patron Manager is preferred
- The ability to forge strong, working relationships with donors and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a superior attention to detail.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and references to Rob Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subject line “FT Development Director.” No phone calls please.
Lakeshore Players Theatre does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status in its employment programs.