|$1,500 Hiring Bonus!
Are you ready to join an organization whose mission is to serve and enhance human dignity for people of all faiths and beliefs? Do you want to be part of an amazing agency who supports roughly 40,000 people annually in Central Minnesota? Are you ready to be part of a team who distributes over 1.3 MILLION pounds of food each year, supports homeless youth, provides mental health services, manages affordable housing, and supports individuals with developmental disabilities and chronic & persistent mental illness? Are our values of dignity, respect, hope compassion, service and accountability closely aligned with your personal values? Do you want to be part of an agency whose culture is built on respect, professionalism, and collaboration? If these attributes align with your professional aspirations, then a career at Catholic Charities of the Diocese of St. Cloud might be right for you!
Catholic Charities is currently seeking our next Grants Specialist to help us continue moving our mission forward. Besides funding our operations through program service fees and philanthropic donations, securing grants are an important aspect in providing the financial support necessary to continue moving the organization forward. The Grant Specialist is responsible for preparing, writing, submitting, and tracking our grant activity. This position provides support and advice to administrative and program departments by developing strategies, researching potential funding sources, communicating funders’ priorities, and developing potential grant resources. The Grants Specialist works with the Director of Organizational Advancement in establishing and implementing a comprehensive grants fundraising program for Catholic Charities.
We offer flexible scheduling with an emphasis on work life balance, a comprehensive benefit package that includes: medical and dental coverage, 401k with an employer match, life insurance, 8 paid holidays and up to 22 days of paid time off the first year of employment! And so much more!!
The Grants Specialist is responsible for writing, preparing, and distribution of grant proposals for Catholic Charities. The primary focus is to address budgeted revenue shortfalls and support new initiatives, with an emphasis on identifying new sources of funding.
Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary. Must be able to work independently or as a member of a team within Catholic Charities and externally (both individuals and businesses); be flexible, and have the ability to handle more than one project simultaneously; be interested in detail, concerned about performing tasks with accuracy, efficiency, and excellence.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Research funding and grant opportunities and interpret which are appropriate for Catholic Charities while managing ongoing grant obligations of current grants.
- Implement and educate program managers and supervisors about the grant policies and process.
- Cultivate relationships between those involved in the grants process internally as well as networking and creating relationships within the grant making community.
- Serve as a leader from grant proposal teams, bringing staff together to generate grant application ideas and prepare for the grant application process.
- Work closely with Catholic Charities staff to develop additional funding sources consistent with the mission, vision and goals of Catholic Charities.
- Review, write, and submit grant proposals.
- Develop, implement, and write grand reports and keep administration and directors informed of all grant activities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.ccstcloud.org
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- Job Related Experience:
- Three years previous experience working with non-profit grant and fundraising required.
- Experience working with a deadline-driven environment.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.