|Advancement writing and support
Communications team collaboration and support
- Works closely with Development colleagues to develop stewardship and cultivation communications and solicitation materials for philanthropic donors and planned giving.
- Works closely with Macalester Fund colleagues to draft donor communication.
- Serves as a storyteller working to convey the urgency of our work, illustrate our impact and move the audience to action, particularly towards financial support.
- Edits and oversees Mac Wire, the college’s monthly alumni e-newsletter.
- Partners with Communications colleagues to uncover stories, generate creative ideas, and create effective vehicles for communicating with the college’s key audiences.
- Edits and proofreads for colleagues.
- Exceptional skills in news, feature, and persuasive writing, with ability to adapt tone and style for different audiences and purposes.
- Expertise writing for a donor audience, including case and proposal writing experience.
- Strong editor and proofreader, who uses knowledge of fact-checking, grammar, spelling, punctuation and consistency of style to strengthen written material.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the editorial process.
- BA in Communication, Journalism, English, or equivalent.
- Three years previous professional experience with comparable work.
- For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by July 8, 2022.
Review of applications will begin immediately.