START Senior Solutions | Minneapolis, MNSalary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Job Title: Director of DevelopmentJob Summary
START Senior Solutions is a small faith-in-action 501c3 organization working to renew hope for seniors and caregivers. Through planning, advocacy and education, we help older adults manage and resolve ongoing crises and empower them to reduce the risk of future crises. We
support our clients for as long as they need us and treat them with compassion every step of the way.
The Director of Development is a new position at START, who will join a small but dynamic team. This is a front-line fundraiser position, playing an integral role in the creation, expansion and execution of our fundraising strategy, leading effective relationship building to support the
mission of START. Primary responsibilities include development and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising plan for the organization, working collaboratively with staff, board and stakeholders; architecting and executing donor cultivation and stewardship strategies.Responsibilities: Relationship Building & Strategic Planning
- Create and establish a plan to double philanthropic revenue and number of donors within 3 years.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising goals, building upon and enhancing current funding sources to grow individual donors, sponsors, corporate gifts, and fundraising
- event income.
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors at every level, leading both individual major gift fundraising and annual giving programs.
- Assist in creating, planning and executing fundraising event(s).
- Explore feasibility of a sustaining giving program.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to establish roles and goals around fundraising that are of highest value.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and marketing volunteers to develop fundraising messaging and donor communication pieces.
- Coordinate the development activities of the Executive Director, grant writer, Board of Directors and development volunteers.
- Serve as liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Identify and implement system(s) to effectively track donor interactions and analyze giving trends to develop targeted correspondence strategies.
- Serve as the primary contact for all development related inquiries and speak on behalf of the organization as needed.
- Develop and manage donor recognition and acknowledgements to promote gift retention, including thank you notes, thank you calls, meetings and other
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years' experience working in nonprofit development or fundraising.
- Demonstrated passion for START’s mission.
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work with a high degree of independence to meet and exceed annual goals.
- Proven track record with donor cultivation and stewardship, working directly with donors and funders.
- Proficiency in donor software, CRMs, and other relevant tools needed to be effective in this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit fundraising best practices.
- Strong communication, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner with a high level of integrity.
Hours of Work
- Collaborative team player with solid interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships.
- Understanding of the local philanthropic landscape.
- Experience executing both large and small donor fundraising events.
- Experience working with board members and volunteers.
- Ability to meet deadlines and contribute to the overall quality and direction of the nonprofit.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, high priority tasks.
- High level thinker and thought leader with enthusiasm and energy.
Part-Time (20-30 hrs per week)
The majority of the job may be performed remotely.
Salary (based on experience)