Simpson Housing Services | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $43,000 - $45,000 Summary
The Advancement Coordinator is a key support position responsible for processing financial and in-kind donations through Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge/NXT and supports the day-to-day operations of the Advancement and Communications Department. This role will be supervised by the Advancement Database Manager, and work closely with the Director of Advancement and Communications on special projects, support board of directors meeting functions and community fundraising events.
This position will be responsible for processing gift donations daily, generating acknowledgement letters, maintaining accurate records, and tracking donor correspondence. The Advancement Coordinator supports the department with two major fundraisers: Art 4 Shelter and Music 4 Shelter. In addition, this position will support the planning committee for the Homeless Memorial March and Service and help with other special events.
The Advancement Coordinator will require someone who is confident, creative, detail-oriented, able to work independently and experienced in managing a wide range of fundraising, communications, and administrative tasks. The role requires one to be organized and flexible within a fast paced, ever- changing environment.
Simpson Housing Services offers a hybrid work model with a flexible work schedule. This position will occasionally work evenings and weekends. SHS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. SHS follows established protocols to ensure a clean and safe working environmentResponsibilitiesData Processing and Raiser’s Edge Maintenance:
Special Events and Meeting Support
- Enter and process all financial gifts: mailed-in checks, on-line donations and third-party donation platforms.
- Process all acknowledgement letters (hard copy and electronic) in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain acknowledgement letter templates in Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain organized, up to date, and complete files for all funder relationships, either digital or paper as required.
- Assist the Advancement Operations Manager with database maintenance to ensure comprehensive, updated, relevant, and accurate data to inform effective donor stewardship and advancement operations.
- Coordinate event logistics and details, including venues, production, and vendors.
- Support online auction, ticketing and donations using a variety of website platforms.
- Manage production schedule, seating, signage, and communication needs assigned.
- Oversee event activities, ensuring an inclusive and positive experience for attendees.
- Bring forth any issues to the event team to be collaboratively resolved.
- Attend committee meetings and support staff and committee leadership with meeting agenda and notes and respond to any inquiries.
- Provide timely communication to staff, committee, artists, and vendors.
- Serve as the point person to the Art 4 Shelter artists, cultivate and steward relationships.
Commitment to racial equity and social justice:
- Serve as the back-up to the Front Desk Coordinator for breaks, meetings, and
- Handle the hospitality needs for meetings including ordering food, set-up, clean-up, and greeting.
- Provide administrative support to the Advancement and Communications team and the Senior Leadership Team, areas include scheduling meetings, mailings, filing, minutes, and other office.
- Work within and across agency departments to build culture of equity and antiracism.
- Strive to hold Advancement and Communications Department accountable to agency-wide strategy to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
- Evolve knowledge and strategy of equity and antiracism on an individual and team level.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and workshops hosted by SHS about diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism, and other related topics.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience including demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, organizing, and facilitating converging workflows, and data
- Must be able to work evenings, and weekends.
- Comfortable with lifting 20 pounds and moving items.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office
- Strong customer service
- Communicates effectively in writing, in-person, and through phone and video conferencing to internal and external
- Commitment to SHS values, antiracism, and
- Ability to work independently, but also
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Raiser’s Edge or other relational database.
- Demonstrated experience with Word press, Constant Contact, and social media platforms.
- Effective advocacy and leadership skills.
TO APPLY: https://simpsonhousingservices.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=341