Breck School | Golden Valley, MN
Salary Range: $65,000 - $100,000About the Role
The Major Gifts Officer is a key member of the Advancement team who is responsible for the day-to-day management of a prospect portfolio as well as strategic partnership with the Chief Advancement Officer and Head of School. As Breck prepares for the lead-up of a transformational comprehensive campaign, this position will also hold a key role in relationship development, campaign strategy, and fundraising across constituencies. The ideal candidate is committed to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion, holds a passion for education — particularly for preschool through grade 12 schools — and is an experienced fundraiser and excellent communicator. Their partnership across the advancement and communications team is critical to the future momentum of building a culture of philanthropy within a school community that is committed to its mission.Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesDonor Strategy
Donor Engagement, Events, and Stewardship
- Partner with the Chief Advancement Officer on the strategy and management of philanthropic priorities in an organization that seeks to raise $2-5 million annually for restricted gifts via individual support, foundation grants, corporate sponsorship.
- Recognize the power of data and information and develop strategies to make research-informed decisions and recommendations.
- Serve as a key member of the Advancement team, guiding annual strategies that support year-over-year revenue growth.
- Identify organization-wide opportunities for donor engagement and cultivation.
- Work with the Advancement Team to identify appropriate updates to donor tracking and database, establish and maintain donor engagement protocols.
- Partner in the plan, test, and potential launch of a comprehensive campaign.
Communications and Operations
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts of $1,000 and above through a personal portfolio of approximately 100 individuals
- Establish, evaluate and maintain effective relationships with current donors and prospects and, where appropriate, support colleagues in their donor relationship management work
- Develop donor strategies, along with appropriate materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts
- Work closely with the Annual Giving Director to identify and engage new prospects
- Support fundraising events strategy, including Breck's annual Blue & Gold Bash
- Collaborate with Stewardship Manager on opportunities to share on-topic successes, opportunities for giving, and donor impact reports.
Education and Experience
- Partner with Communications Team members to provide development insight and support for short- and long-term projects.
- Work with Chief Operating Officer and Controller on financial projections, budgeting, and reporting
- Collaborate with Database Manager on use of data, reporting, and analytics.
- Participate in the Board Advancement committee and the Breck Fund Committee, preparing monthly reports and leading conversation and input around development strategy.
- Support and engage Board of Trustees on development strategies and engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 5-10 years of experience and leadership in fundraising, especially in individual donor prospect management, major gifts, cultivation, and management.
- A commitment to the mission of Breck School
- A strong understanding of the Raiser's Edge
- Self-starter with the ability to think strategically
- Flexible, creative, and highly organized leader
- Proven ability to manage 120-150 prospects and move them through the prospect management process
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Perform under and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Adept at working in and across team environments
- Complete discretion with confidential information
- Knowledge and passion for the field of education, particularly P-12 environments