Minnesota Public Radio | Saint Paul, MN
Salary Range: $20.19 - $30.29Your Role:
As the Donor Relations Coordinator, you are responsible for coordinating annual membership renewals and acknowledgments for major and mid-level donors and serving as the primary contact for Member and Audience Services, Development Operations, and Finance departments for questions related to donating. Your role will work in close conjunction with the Donor Engagement and Major Gifts Teams.
This is a part-time position working 24 hours per week.
Compensation Range: $20.19 - $30.29/hour. Exact hourly rate determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.
Application Deadline: Open until filledApply Here:
Required Education and Experience:
- Coordinate membership renewal solicitations for Leadership and President’s Circle donors.
- Generate gift acknowledgment letters for mid-level and major gifts, ensuring that all gifts are properly and promptly acknowledged in accordance with their giving method and intentions.
- Coordinate regular recapture mailings for lapsed donors.
- Track and update donor communication preferences in the database, ensuring that donors are solicited and stewarded appropriately.
- Manage all activities related to donating gifts of stock, including answering questions from donors, calculating stock value, and serving as a liaison between UBS Financial Services Inc. and the finance and development operations teams.
- Alert Gift Officers and update database when gifts arrive.
- Track and document restricted gifts through creation of gift agreements, pledge forms and various correspondence on behalf of major, planned and institutional giving.
- Serve as primary contact for Member and Audience Services, Development Operations, and Finance departments for questions related to gift allocations, restrictions, and other questions related to donating.
- Assist with onboarding and training on renewal and acknowledgment processes for new members of the Philanthropic Development team.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedure documents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Significant experience using MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software.
- Previous experience managing multiple processes in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning donors and funders.
- Ability to identify and recommend new processes to improve efficiency.
- Professional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Warm, confident, and diplomatic approach to interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity, inclusivity & diversity
- Comfortable in an environment of change, creativity, complexities, and multiple tasks.
- Comfortable learning and helping develop new systems and processes.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with various methods of giving, including Donor Advised Funds, Stock, Qualified Charitable Distributions, Estate gifts.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
- Experience working in a non-profit Development department.
- Reporting To This Position: None
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to stand for extended lengths of time during scheduled events
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.