Risen Christ Catholic School | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $41,000 - $45,000ORGANIZATION SUMMARY:
Risen Christ Catholic School is a K-8 bilingual, multicultural and financially accessible school of excellence, educating children in mind, body, and spirit to live and lead in the example of Jesus Christ.
Risen Christ is recognized locally and nationally as a high-performing school with a history of serving low-income students of color and achieving extraordinary outcomes. Risen Christ serves more children in poverty and more Latinos than any other Catholic school in the Twin Cities. Risen Christ is funded primarily through the generosity of foundations, parishes, individuals and other partners who believe that a Catholic education should be accessible to all children. Risen Christ is the only Catholic dual immersion school in Minnesota and one of only 22 in the nation. In our dual immersion model, students are instructed in both Spanish and English daily.POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Advancement Associate provides support to the Director of Advancement and other school leadership to meet the philanthropic, financial and mission-related goals of the Advancement Department and Risen Christ Catholic School. The Associate will ensure the processes and systems supporting Risen Christ’s fundraising efforts (gift accounting, reporting, event planning, communications, marketing and related activities) run efficiently and effectively. The Advancement Associate will be engaged regularly with all of Risen Christ’s stakeholders, including donors, alumni, volunteers, parents, vendors, partners, faculty and staff.
The Advancement Associate position is full-time, 40-hours per week and benefits eligible.RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the primary gift accountant by recording and processing gifts in the donor database (DonorPerfect).
- Prepare and mail donor acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
- Generate financial reports as needed.
- Manage the integrity of the donor database and filing system.
- Reconcile Advancement income/revenues wit the Director of Business Administration.
- Assist with planning and executing key components of Risen Christ’s Annual Gala and other Advancement-related events and activities that take place throughout the year.
- Participate in key community events as requested by the Director of Advancement and other school leaders.
- Manage the production/delivery of donor communications, email blasts and mailings, including proofing, photography, printing, delivery, publishing and/or mailing.
- Maintain inventory of Advancement-related stationary, marketing and mailing materials
- Train and oversee volunteers as needed for implementing Advancement activities.
- Serve as recording secretary at Advancement Committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not all inclusive.QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: A bachelor’s degree in business, communications, liberal arts, nonprofit management or related field(s).
Experience: A minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience and/or relevant experience in a related field.
- Highly organized and excellent at prioritizing multiple tasks to meet deadlines by producing accurate and high quality work with attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word)
- Experience with CRM (customer relationship management) software or database applications (i.e., DonorPerfect).
- Ability to speak, write and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and analyze a variety of data and apply calculations (percentages, discounts, proportions) to produce charts, tables and other reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of all work-related data, meetings and other information.
- Physical demands include sitting or performing keyboard functions for long periods of time, lifting small office equipment and supplies, using proper lifting techniques.
- Occasional evening or weekend work is necessary as part of the position.
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Please submit the following materials as ONE combined PDF attachment to James DeLong, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Three References or Letters of Recommendation