Armory Arts and Music Center | Duluth, MN
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Join the Armory Arts and Music Center (AAMC) team as we transform the historic Duluth Armory into a community gathering place and landmark destination full of arts, music, food, culture and history. We are seeking a full-time (or close to full-time), relationship-oriented nonprofit fundraising professional to drive growth in donor development. The Fundraising Director will work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a fundraising plan, and will promote giving opportunities among potential donors and key stakeholder groups, while also seeking critical grant funding.Responsibilities include the following:
Experience and Skills:
- Leads and implements a comprehensive fundraising plan to guide growth in fund development and programming activities, including the AAMC’s Capital Campaign.
- Plans, develops, and manages the annual fundraising events for the AAMC, our Music Resource Center program, and our soon to be created North Country Creative Center.
- Partners with the Executive Director and Board members to identify, cultivate and steward major donors and sponsors.
- Researches and writes grants for operations, capital, programs and special projects.
- Develop creative opportunities for donor engagement and stewardship.
- Works with the Executive Director to plan and coordinate a consistent calendar for donor communications.
- Manages appropriate donor acknowledgement and recognition.
- Ensures proper collection and tracking of donor-related data.
- Researches, determines and implements new fundraising and donor communications strategies, including planned giving marketing ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Public Relations, Communications or a similar field.
- 2+ years of experience working in fundraising or similar experience at a nonprofit organization.
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to write compelling donor content for a variety of platforms.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Proficient with e-mail marketing and social media.
- Ability to speak effectively and inspire large and small groups.
- A passion for music, the arts, and history.
The Fundraising Director should be self-motivated, comfortable with operating independently, having spontaneous meetings and participating in collaborative discussions offering team support.
The Armory Arts and Music Center is an equal opportunity employer in all positions, programs and services without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identification, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and communities to apply.To Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, 2-3 references, and any additional supporting documents you would like to provide, to Mark Poirier at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject “Fundraising Director”. Additional Information:
Please visit our website for background on the Armory project. https://www.dulutharmory.org/
If you have questions, you can email Mark Poirier at email@example.com
or contact him at 218.428.9686 (cell).