MSS | Saint Paul, MN
Salary Range: $19 - $20/hour
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Director of Development in achieving fundraising goals. This person assists the Director in a variety of activities including: special events, appeal letters, data entry, donor management, and donor cultivation. A particular focus of this position is the annual fundraising gala which includes planning, auction development, and guest recruitment.
- Coordinate and attend committee meetings for the annual gala.
- Assist with planning and executing other fundraising events throughout the year.
- Assist in tracking and acknowledging event donors, sponsors and supporters.
- Work in collaboration with communications staff to promote MSS on social media including creating content to share on MSS social media sites.
- Ensure that data (gifts and related information) is accurately and promptly entered into database
- Generate and mail acknowledgement letters.
- Support the Director of Development in implementing the annual fundraising plan that encompasses goals in the following areas: annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, special events, and grants.
- Act as a liaison with other organizations to promote the interests of MSS. Represent MSS at public and professional functions as requested.
- This position allows the opportunity to explore your interests in areas such as: working with donors, grant writing, graphic design (use of Canva, InDesign, other), or photography.
Preference given to candidates who have experience working in a non-profit or philanthropic organization as well as experience using a donor database.
Candidates are required to have strong written and verbal communications skills. Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work independently, prioritize work to meet deadlines, and work on multiple tasks is required. Candidates must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation. All candidates for employment at MSS must pass a Department of Human Services background check and a criminal background check.Benefits
This position is 32 hours per week. Typically the Development Associate works Monday - Friday, daytime hours. There is some flexibility with days/hours preference within the 32 hours per week. There will be some evening/weekend work required for events (infrequent).
This position is benefits eligible and pays $19 - $20/hour depending on experience.