YWCA St Paul | Saint Paul, MN
Salary Range: $85,000- $105,000 annually
The YWCA St. Paul is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as our Director of Advancement. This position is responsible for overseeing the organization’s fundraising activities and the development and implementation of a comprehensive, multi-faceted strategy for securing financial support for YWCA St Paul. The Director of Advancement will work closely with the CEO, Board of Directors, and the Board’s Fundraising and Donor Development Committee.
Come join our team at YWCA St Paul and be a part of an organization that’s making a difference in our community. The YWCA St. Paul is dedicated to eliminating racism and empowering women, and has been changing minds, bodies and lives and meeting community needs since 1907. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming work environment, working closely with the community we serve. Individuals who are passionate about affecting social change in one of our core areas - Housing & Supportive Services, Youth Development, Health & Wellness, and Employment & Economic Development - and have the skills, talents, and drive to creatively problem solve and meet the unique challenges faced by non-profits in today’s competitive environment are highly sought. This role is based in St Paul, Minnesota, with a hybrid office environment.
The Director of Advancement is a member of the YWCA’s Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate must have:
- Developing and implementing an individual giving program that offers a range of giving opportunities including annual gifts, major gifts, and planned gifts
- Managing a portfolio of individual donors through the stages of qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, using donor centered fundraising, and successfully securing gifts.
- Implementing performance and activity-based fundraising metrics, including goals for qualified major gift solicitation calls and community initiatives.
- Overseeing the institutional giving program, including development of a comprehensive grants strategy, and cultivation and stewardship of funding relationships.
- Leading and supporting YWCA St Paul’s capital campaign in achieving its fundraising goals.
- Executing fundraising events and donor cultivation opportunities in support of fundraising goals.
- Collaborating with YWCA St. Paul program and administrative staff to identify and pursue grant opportunities, prepare grant reports, and identify opportunities for program, event, and project support.
- Working collaboratively with YWCA St Paul finance team on budget planning and tracking of fundraising progress against targets.
- Attending community events and giving presentations to build awareness about YWCA St. Paul’s work to strengthen relationships with potential donors.
- Partnering with CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors to cultivate their leadership support, educate them about giving opportunities, identify prospective donors from their networks, and prepare them to assist in cultivation and solicitation opportunities.
- Overseeing the Marketing and Communications team, which is responsible for online fundraising, marketing, communications, public relations, website management, and digital and social media outreach to increase awareness of YWCA St Paul’s programs, services, events, and community engagement, and to solicit volunteers and inform and cultivate donors. The Marketing and Communications team also works closely with YWCA St Paul’s Health and Fitness Center on member communications and marketing to drive membership growth.
- Leading the development and implementation of an integrated communications plan that ensures consistency of messages, promotes organizational visibility, and advances the mission.
- Supporting the Volunteer and Intern Coordinator to recruit, support, train, and leverage volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, additional formal training in fundraising such as CFRE certification preferred
- Five to seven years as development professional leading and implementing successful fundraising campaigns, including proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and closing gifts from a wide range of donors, especially individuals
- Experience with institutional giving, including grant writing and research
- Experience with marketing and communications in fundraising
- Strong management and leadership skills, and a creative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Ability to work collaboratively as team player
- Strong verbal, written and digital communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad and diverse constituency
- Strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is preferred, but experience with other complex donor management systems is acceptable assuming high level of competence
The YWCA St. Paul offers a competitive benefits package and compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications. The anticipated hiring range for this position assumes an annual salary between $85,000 and $105,000. COVID-19 vaccination is required.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference and work in a collaborative environment where we celebrate and appreciate each other, please complete our Employment Application at: https://www.ywcastpaul.org/jobs
Forward resume and cover letter to:email@example.com
YWCA St. Paul, 375 Selby Ave., St. Paul, MN 55102
The YWCA St. Paul is an Equal Opportunity Employer