Northern Star Scouting | Fort Snelling, MN
Salary Range: $45,000
Northern Star Scouting seeks an Annual Gifts Specialist to build and maintain relationships with fundraising volunteers and annual gift donors to achieve fundraising goals, identify individuals with major gift capacity, and manage alumni relationships. The Annual Gifts Specialist’s primary responsibility is to develop successful relationships with donors and volunteers to accomplish annual fundraising goals and the organizations strategic priorities through solicitations.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting annual salary of $45,000. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, and retirement plan. We offer paid time off (equivalent of 16 days annually for new hires) and 11 annual holidays. This position is based at Base Camp on the Fort Snelling campus near the MSP Airport, however travel to meetings and other Council properties will be required at times.Responsibilities:
- Embrace and promote the philosophy and mission of Northern Star Scouting to donors, volunteers, and other key stakeholders.
- Recruit, train, and manage fundraising volunteers to assist in all aspects of the cycle of fundraising.
- Successfully manage a portfolio of annual gift donors through qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding current and potential donors.
- Develop and test effective strategies to acquire, retain, and upgrade annual fund contributors.
- Work within the CRM database to track communication to inform and prioritize individuals’ passions through relationship-based fundraising strategies.
- Meet individual fundraising goals as well as assist the team in reaching overall revenue goals.
- Plan and implement cultivation events for annual campaign donors, donor prospects, and potential volunteers.
- Identify supporting success stories within Northern Star Scouting boundaries.
- Maintain strong, cooperative working relationships with program staff and development staff to provide a better experience for donors and volunteers and assist in times of heavy workload.
- Represent Northern Star Scouting at community events as needed.
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Must be age 21 or older.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience, managing and recruiting volunteers.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience, annual campaign fundraising.
- Must be a team leader and player; build relationships and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience in Scouting or other youth organization is helpful, though not required.
The position requires you to work varied hours when necessary. Some breakfast and evening meetings, and weekend activities are required. Some weeks may require over 40 hours. This position requires flexibility and in turn, your work schedule is flexible.
Frequent travel within the assigned territory is required using one's own personal vehicle. Reimbursement is provided for business miles. Must be able to maintain valid driver's license and motor vehicle insurance.
To apply, please use this link: https://northernstarbsa.workbrightats.com/jobs/853566.html
Northern Star Council is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer