Ascension Catholic Academy | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $60,500 - $63,777
Schedule: 40 hours per week, 12 months a year; some evenings, early mornings, and weekend obligations PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Development Manager supports the Advancement Department of the Church of the Ascension, a multi-cultural Catholic community on the near north side of Minneapolis, and the schools that comprise Ascension Catholic Academy including Ascension, John Paul II in NE Minneapolis and St. Peter Claver and St. Pascal Regional in St. Paul. This position will operate in alignment with Ascension Parish’s mission of providing a sanctuary in which all are invited to recognize, acknowledge, and live in God’s presence. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Employment in and by the Roman Catholic Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals, or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is preferred that this employee be an active, practicing Roman Catholic. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practice of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided. REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure high quality project management and administrative efforts that result in well-organized and supported functions across the Advancement Department. The position works from the Ascension Parish offices and supports Ascension Parish, Ascension School, John Paul II School, St. Peter Claver School, and St. Pascal Regional School. A key function of the Development Manager will be to provide administrative support to the Vice-President of Advancement.
- Manage appeals and stewardship mailings including timelines, constituent lists, printing, assembly and postage, and coordination of departments to ensure cost-effectiveness and timeliness.
- Appeals: Spring, Free-K, Fall, Christmas, Fiscal Year-End
- Stewardship: Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Annual Report, and others.
- Manage gift processing including data entry, tracking, reporting, acknowledgments, and weekly signing for individual donors and institutional funders.
- Provide administrative support for major gift cultivation, moves management program, and grant funding, including coordinating efforts with Manager of Data Services to
- prepare weekly agendas, reports, prospect profiles, prospect research, and action items for solicitors.
- Provide administrative and calendaring support for donor engagement and acquisition activities such as donor visits and tours, events at school sites and the Ascension Church, Second Collection efforts with sister parishes, and other events as they arise.
- Coordinate activities surrounding the Wierschem Scholarships including distributing applications, collecting and reviewing applications, disbursing checks, and communicating with the Wierschem Family about results.
- Collaborate with Advancement Team and other stakeholders to draft and update ACA Key Operations Calendar annually.
- In partnership with Manager of Data Services ensure constituent contact information is inputted and updated when necessary to strengthen overall health of database.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation of the donor database and financial accounting system.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Other tasks as needed.
The responsibilities listed above are representative responsibilities intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required of the position. More detailed listing of duties and tasks may be outlined in supplemental documents. Assigned responsibilities may change, as the needs of Church of the Ascension change. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous office experience within a non-profit organization in a fundraising environment is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database management programs, internet research and basic office-oriented equipment. Experience with Raiser’s Edge software is a strong preference.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of thoroughness, accuracy, and detail in routine work.
- High standards of excellence and a “do whatever it takes to accomplish the job” attitude.
- Ability to work with little supervision. Possess sound judgment with ability to balance independent action with adequate communication with the Vice-President of Advancement.
- High level of multitasking ability. Self-motivated with creative and efficient use of time and resources in planning and managing various responsibilities to meet tight deadlines.
- Commitment to basic fundraising ethics and strong confidentiality principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals of various skill sets and personalities.
Specific annual goals will be determined and evaluated with the Parish Administrator. These annual goals, along with the responsibilities listed in the position description, will be reviewed on an annual basis through a performance review. Goals will be determined in June for the following year.