Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever | Twin Cities, MN
Salary Range: $65,000-$85,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Application Closing Date: March 20, 2023
Anticipated Start Date: April 10, 2023
A Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever Development Officer is responsible for advancing the organization’s mission through the cultivation and acquisition of philanthropic support. The Development Officer’s primary responsibility is to develop successful funding relationships that will help progress the organization’s strategic priorities. This is accomplished by working in collaboration with other team members, volunteers, and partners to develop new private, corporate, foundation, and public funding relationships and strategic partnerships with the goal of accelerating mission accomplishments through delivery of strategic fundraising initiatives, growing organizational revenue, diversifying revenue streams, and generating additional funds.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Work cross-functionally with Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s team members to successfully execute and deliver Major Gift Fundraising Strategies.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic support from donors, strategic partners, and other funders focused on +$10,000 gifts.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 125-150 major gifts prospects and supporters.
- Advance the organization’s priorities with respect to revenue growth, policy development, and mission delivery.
- Identify and pursue foundations and corporate entities whose funding priorities are consistent with our mission, while securing funding to achieve shared goals.
- Actively lead and participate in partner and donor cultivation activities designed to increase philanthropic support.
- Use CRM and other software for the purpose of managing relationships, scheduling appointments, engaging supporters, researching supporters, delivering events, and reporting expenses.
- Develop initiatives consistent with the organization’s strategies that secure new private, corporate, foundation, and government funding opportunities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all team members, corporate partners, volunteers, agencies, and funders to ensure an open, collaborative, and inclusive approach to developing and maintaining programs and funding.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Significant overnight travel involved using personal vehicle, rental vehicle, commercial air.
- A passion for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s mission, as well as knowledge and appreciation for conservation, hunting, and the outdoors.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher with significant relevant business development, fundraising, conservation delivery, partnership development, or commensurate sales experience.
- Strong fundraising skills preferred in the area of major gift solicitation, foundation appeals, grant writing, campaign fundraising, and planned giving.
- Experience cultivating, developing, securing, and stewarding successful relationships with private, corporate, federal, state, foundation, and other funding partners.
- An energetic, well organized, detailed, self-starter who has a strong record of leadership, teamwork, and success.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies, including principal partners, donors, board members, national team members, volunteers, and leadership in the field are a must.
- Excellent oral, public speaking, and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
A minimum three years of experience in successful fundraising, partnership development, and/or proven sales experience is preferred.
Compensation and Location: Starting salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications. Location in or near Minneapolis, MN.
To Apply: Please combine your cover letter, resume and three references into a single Word document or PDF file before uploading to the “Resume” section of your application on our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
For more information: Contact Jordan L.K. Martincich, Vice President of Development, at 816-560-1070 or email@example.com.
Pheasants Forever, Inc and Quail Forever is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law.