Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation | Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000
The Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation® (MHIF) is seeking a Development Officer, Major Gifts to contribute to MHIF’s vision of creating a world without heart and vascular disease. To achieve this bold vision, we are dedicated to improving the cardiovascular health of individuals and communities through innovative research and education. Now in its 41st year, MHIF team members collaborate to further important initiatives, supporting leading physicians as they seek to answer the most compelling questions about heart health challenges. This an excellent opportunity to make a difference and contribute in a high impact role with an innovative and progressive organization.
This Development Officer, Major Gifts develops and executes fundraising strategies and activities to carry forward the mission and vision of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation. In this ambassador role, the professional qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift prospects to align benefactor interests with the strategic objectives of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation. This person will also manage a discovery portfolio of approximately 150 prospects with a primary focus of qualifying and closing gifts of $25,000 or more.
- Work closely with MHIF leadership and its broader team and Minneapolis Heart Institute (MHI) physicians to develop and implement effective fundraising strategies for increased giving at or above the $25,000 level.
- Direct and participate in face-to-face cultivation and solicitation of $25,000+ gifts, including managing a portfolio of donors, identifying, qualifying, and cultivating new prospects.
- Provide support to leadership, fundraising committees and physicians to assist in prospect identification and cultivation, training, solicitation and stewardship for corporate donors and prospects of $25,000. Actively identifies and recruits new volunteers for development and advisory committees.
- Represent the Foundation within the community by attending and actively participating in appropriate internal and external functions and events and professional organizations.
- Write solicitation content and other donor materials as necessary.
- Maintain documentation via salesforce.
- Work collaboratively with the development team and add value on team initiatives
- Maintain an active personal network and serve as an MHIF ambassador in and outside the organization.
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5+ years of Major gift experience working with gifts of $25,000+
- Background in healthcare or higher education preferred
- Proven track record effectively building/managing a successful annual or major giving program
- Ability to interface with MHIF leaders, team members and board members and MHI physicians
To apply to join our talented 90+ person team:
Please apply on line using the link below and be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume.
Please click on the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=39263a55-c11d-480c-b3b1-4599b9d7ad64&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=460228&source=CC2&lang=en_US